ADs

Saturday, August 18, 2012

The French Stall

Chivalry isn't dead. At least it is still alive in D.

He treats me like a princess.

We had dinner at The French Stall, and he let me order Foie Gras (+$16) for starters because the Duck Confit I wanted was sold out.

We had the Formule for 3 set.

For starters we had Escargot in butter garlic sauce and Foie Gras with Spinach.

Main was Lamb Shank and Oxtail Stew.

Dessert was Tiramisu and Thin Apple Tart in Caramel.

I had a glass of Riesling that was tart. Not very nice.

Half way through the dinner, LTA came by to complete their monthly quotas. Most men stood up to shift their cars almost in unison. For that moment, I though chivalry was present. Until the reality of escaping the LTA to avoid a fine as the cause hit me.

Daryl was pretty angry. For he had to drive in circles in search of a parking lot and he was really hungry by then.

As they say, a hungry man is an angry man. But the delicious lamb shank I had ordered for him, calmed him down soon enough.

The Thin Apple Tart vanquished the last bit of anger and a kiss sealed it away. :)

He surprised me by bringing me out to Sunset Bay, a beach bar at East Coast.

I had a lychee martini and him, a long island tea. The lychee martini was strong enough, and he liked the long island tea. Though I felt the long island was too Limey for my liking.

The drive home was soothing, and I guess his ploy to make me stop thinking too much worked.

I wish my life was simpler. With enough money and less stress for me to build a family with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment