ADs

Friday, June 8, 2012

Istanbul Gourmet

Had dinner at Istanbul Gourmet located at Eastpoint Mall, level 1, beside Umi Sushi, 2 stalks away from 18 Chefs!

Daryl has been craving Turkish since forever. And I had found this place on HungryGoWhere. They had fairly good reviews, so I thought to give it a try.

We ordered a Donna Kebab, Beef Bomb, and 2 drinks for $20.

Beef Bomb
The Donna Kebab was pretty disappointing, cuz the mutton was minced and instead of an artisan roll, as Daryl calls it, it was served with bread buns instead.
Donna Kebab
It was not up to his expectation. I bit into croutons while taking a few bite out of his 'mutton burger' and found it an interesting addition to kebabs. The croutons gave it extra crunch.

Beef bomb was really fun to eat! It's an egg wrapped in a beef patty! It tasted of just hamburger beef wrapped around a big hard boiled egg. The texture was interesting. But I found the vegetables for the side salad too bitter. But the cucumber in the salad was pretty generous. (I like cucumber!)

I had a wolf berry with pear drink. It wasn't too sweet and it quenches my thirst perfectly. Plus the pear and wolf berry bits in the drink gave it something extra to bite and play with while drinking. Much like bubble tea. But way healthier.
With bits of Wolfberry in it!

I saw that they serve Istanbul Laksa too! I suppose it is fusion. Perhaps one day I'll get Daryl to try.

It's a tiny shop. So either take away or be ready to queue for Bar Stool seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment