ADs

Friday, June 1, 2012

Different Taste.

We were supposed to study at the McDonald's at the new Sports Centre in Pasir Ris but the Boyfriend had a bad day in the office and Fast Food would only make it worse.

So I brought him to Different Taste for a treat, since HungryGoWhere had some positive reviews and my previous experience there was good.

It wasn't too busy, and there were only about 6 families eating there.

I had ordered 3 dishes and 2 rice for the two of us, for SGD$35, with no GST or Service Charge. At about SGD$10 per dish, it was pretty standard.

They charge for wet tissues at 30 cents each. So if you want to save on wet towels, then best to return to the staff. =P

Our Drinks!
"Home-made" Barley
It was so bland, it tasted like cloudy lemon water. =/ Not a trace of Barley other than the Barley Pulp at the bottom of the glass.


First dish served!
Sweet & Sour Pork

More sour than sweet. But pork was crunchy. So were the tomato, cucumber, capsicum and pineapple slices.

Second Dish!

Cereal Chicken
 A cross between popcorn chicken and cereal prawn. Crunchy chicken bites with sweet and crunchy cereal. But the cereal was too oily.

Baby Kailan with Beef
Beef was tender and juicy. But seasoned with too much salt or soy sauce. It was too salty and my taste buds shrivelled upon the second bite.

The Bland Barley saved our taste buds in this instance. 

Perhaps they've changed their staff to PRC cooks, famous for cooking food too oily and salty, or they were too busy that they failed to keep their quality in check.

Was a little disappointed with this dinner. But the food was not bad. Just DIFFERENT TASTE.

It really lives up to it's name sake. =.=!

Anyway, I was not satisfied, so I made the Boyfriend walk with me to Emicakes to buy dessert.

Buy 3 get 1 Free Promotion!
I wanted to mix between Mousse and Cake. But the very anal aunty refused to let me mix even though all cost SGD$2 each.

I would've understood the rationale behind not buy across different price ranges although other shops would just give the lower priced item free. But this Emicakes aunty was just ANAL.

No one was walking in to buy the cakes and usually yummy cake shops would've sold out on some cakes by now. Sadly, I think the lousy attitude of that aunty put customers off cuz the shop was FULL of cakes. And it looked as if the cakes had been sitting in there for a looong time.

Anyway, I was craving Durian Cake and Chocolate Mousse. But since she refused to let me mix mousse and cake, I got the Boyfriend to choose for me and settled on Cakes.

We chose Durian, Chocolate, Chocolate Oreo and Tiramisu.

We ate the Durian and Chocolate Cake. The Durian Cake lacked punch. The cake was REALLY stale. I could only taste a faint flavour of Durian.

The Chocolate Cake didn't fail. Simply because Chocolate Cakes smothered in good chocolate can be kept longer and will not taste stale as the chocolate overpowers the stale cake.

=/

Then we were too full to eat the other two. It's still sitting in my fridge.

Bleh.


No comments:

Post a Comment