ADs

Sunday, June 10, 2012

King Louis @ Vivocity

Was feeling really hungry and wanted meat.

Saw some skinny model's review of the restaurant and thought to myself, "the food probably might not be as good as claimed." but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and decided to risk it for we were too hungry to search for another place. (We wanted Ishiki, but it was full.)

Bumped into my Auntie and Uncle there and shared a table.

They were just about to leave so we took over their table. I saw that their plate was clean, so I had assumed that the food must be good.

They warned me that the portions are huge and to share a meal if possible.

As you know, old people eat less. So we each ordered a main course and opted for an $8 Top Up each that came with a drink, soup of the day, and dessert.

We waited for 10 minutes for the soup to be served.

The Soup was Mushroom Chowder. Served hot and yummy with a big piece of bread. I liked it but the portion was tiny. Served in a silver stainless steel teacup.

For main course, we ordered Red Wine Steak and Pork loin. The servers did not ask for the done-ness of the steak and both sets came to my table slightly warm after another 30 minute wait.

The roasted potatoes were COLD. The Pork just slightly warmer. As if it had been reheated for 10 seconds in the microwave before serving.

Red wine steak was COLD. The only thing that was warm on the plate was the bread pudding.

It was very obvious that the dishes were either rejected or made wrongly and left in the kitchen awaiting an innocent victim to order. OR the meats were cooked too soon while they prepared the bread pudding.

Disappointing.

Our drinks came separately because the server got the order wrong.

We did not get to choose our dessert and it was a scoop of pre scooped, melted and refrozen scoop of oatmeal raspberry ice cream.

Salty. I had to dunk it into my root beer to make it somewhat more palatable.

The total bill came to $65ish and I have to say one of the few regrettable meals I've had in ages. For $65, I could have had a nice meal in Sushi Tei or Shin Kushinya served APPROPRIATELY COLD.

Pfft.

Even after giving a feedback to the server about the cold dishes, NOTHING WAS DONE.

Just a torn pathetic piece of feedback form.

Doubt I would return for cold meals anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment